Sunday, February 27, 2011

Off to Indianapolis!

This weekend I headed off to Indianapolis for a Theta Officers Conference. This is something we do every odd numbered year (we have Grand Convention in even numbered years). This year’s conference gathered members of the Official Family (Grand Council, Staff, and Committee Members) to discuss implementation of our recently adopted Strategic Plan. This plan will guide the Fraternity in the upcoming years and gives committee members a set of criteria to work within, in order to complete their Theta Job. As always, I’ve returned home with a number of good ideas that I plan to share with my Alumnae Chapters. I also got to spend time with the friends I developed when I joined this committee. It’s amazing - we come from different chapters, experiences, ages and backgrounds - but we are able to bond over a common ideal - Kappa Alpha Theta.

No comments:

Post a Comment