Sunday, March 6, 2011

You got a friend in me...


My co-worker Jay came over for dinner tonight. Last Friday, his house was destroyed by a tree during a pretty brutal wind storm. While he is staying in a hotel, there is only so much you can do with a microwave and fridge, so I invited him over for dinner. We started with a Bruschetta, which I cheated and made with canned diced tomatoes (Italian style and drained), red onion, garlic, French bread, parsley and parmesan cheese. Next was a salad of arugula, pear, walnuts, blue cheese and home made balsamic vinaigrette. The main course was a baked rigatoni, which I made with home made marinara cream sauce (whole canned tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, oregano, cream and parmesan cheese). This time I also added Italian Sausage, which was a good decision. It added to the comfort factor. Finally, dessert was a cheesecake drizzled with black cherry sauce. Everything was washed down with a glass of Sangiovese.

No comments:

Post a Comment