Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 26 - Happy Founder's Day (for the third time)




On Saturday, us Northern Virginia Thetas got in our carpools and headed into the District to celebrate Founder’s Day with the  DC/Suburban Maryland Alumnae Chapter. Despite the National Marathon and Cherry Blossom Kick Off, we managed to make it on time.  Being so close, we alternate hosting responsibilities. This year’s event was hosted at The Washington Club, a private club on DuPont Circle.
We had a fabulous time catching up with women we typically see once a year. I even got to see my former Theta Boss, Mary Ellen, who was our guest speaker. Her previous job was as VP Alumnae, where I got the chance to work with her on the Alumnae committee. However Mary Ellen’s new role is as a trustee of the Foundation.

I also got to see my second Mommy Jane, who designed and created a gorgeous quilt that was raffled. I bought some tickets, but it wasn’t in my favor. I “guess” its ok since I already have a few quilts Jane helped me design and finish. J

All in all it was a great Saturday afternoon with an amazing group of women!


No comments:

Post a Comment